Sustainability & Giving Back
I am passionate about utilizing illustration to encourage environmental stewardship - and find constant inspiration for my work in nature. I also value sustainability as a small business owner and want to share some ways I'm working to reduce my shop's carbon footprint:
1. All mailers are made of 100% recycled materials; all envelopes and boxes used are recyclable.
2. Posters are now mailed in shipping tubes made of 100% recycled paperboard.
3. All tote bags are made in New England out of 100% recycled materials.
4. Stickers and patches now ship with zero plastic packaging.
5. I am currently phasing out plastic sleeves (used to package prints and pins), transitioning to recycled clear sleeves and brown paper sleeves.
6. I hold at least two week-long online shop fundraisers each year to donate to environmental non-profit organizations. For Earth Day in mid April, I donate a percentage of sales to:
World Wildlife Fund - whose work has evolved from saving species and landscapes to addressing the larger global threats and forces that impact them.
And for Pollinator Week in the end of June, I donate a percentage of sales to:
Pollinator Partnership - a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the health of pollinators through conservation, education and research