Sustainability & Giving Back
I am passionate about utilizing illustration to encourage environmental stewardship - and find constant inspiration for my work in nature. I also value sustainability as a small business owner and want to share some ways I'm working to reduce my shop's carbon footprint:
1. All mailers are made of 100% recycled materials; all envelopes and boxes used are recyclable.
2. Posters are now mailed in shipping tubes made of 100% recycled paperboard.
3. All tote bags are made in New England out of 100% recycled materials.
4. Stickers and patches now ship with zero plastic packaging.
5. I am currently phasing out plastic sleeves (used to package prints and pins), transitioning to recycled clear sleeves and brown paper sleeves.
6. I frequently donate a percentage of proceeds from online sales to nonprofit environmental organizations, including:
Pollinator Partnership - a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the health of pollinators through conservation, education and research
The Nature Conservancy - a nonprofit organization focusing on issues like land conservation, climate change, and providing food and water sustainably
World Wildlife Fund - whose work has evolved from saving species and landscapes to addressing the larger global threats and forces that impact them.